WELCOME TO EDENDORK GAC
Are you new to the GAA? Do you have a child who is interested in playing football or camogie? New to Edendork, Dungannon, Coalisland and the surrounding areas?
What is the GAA?
The Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) is the largest sporting organisation on the island of Ireland. The purpose of the GAA is to promote Gaelic games, culture and lifelong participation as a community-based, volunteer-led organisation which enriches lives and communities. The GAA has a number of core values that are stitched into the fabric of everything we do:
- Community: The community is at the heart of the GAA, everything we do helps to enrich the communities we serve.
- Amateur Status: The GAA is a volunteer-led organisation, with all our members engage in our games as amateurs, games programme are provided at all levels to meet the needs of all our players.
- Inclusiveness: The GAA welcomes everybody to be part of our Association, we are anti-sectarian, anti-racist and we cater for all abilities.
- Respect: We respect each other on and off the playing fields, we operate with integrity at all levels, we listen and respect the views of all.
- Player Welfare: We provide the best playing experience for all our players, we structure our games to allow players of all abilities to reach their potential.
- Teamwork and Volunteerism: We are a volunteer-led and democratic organisation and we flourish through the voluntary efforts of our membership. Effective teamwork on and off the field is the cornerstone of our Association.
Is GAA for me or my children?
Whether you have played GAA in school or College, have friends or Colleagues that play it or you may just want to have a go.
- Would you like to make new friends and have fun?
- Would you like to spend time with your children in a team environment?
- Would you like access to free training and resources, increase your knowledge and improve your skills?
- Would you like to take on new challenges and expand your personal experiences?
- Would you like to set a good example for children in your area?
- Would you like to like to become part of a community and/or be a part of a club?
- Would you like to maintain fitness through your involvement?
- Would you like to re-live childhood sporting memories?
- Have you got some free time and would like to give back to your community?
If the answers to any of the above questions is YES, then why not "Give GAA a Go".
How do I or my children Give GAA a Go?
To get started as a player, club volunteer or get your children involved simply get in touch by either:
- Completing the enquiry form below.
- Contacting us via our social channel here.
- Contacting our Games Promotion Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always available to talk with players and parents whose children are interested in becoming involved in Gaelic games at our club.
- Drop into the club anytime.